History of St. John the Baptist Catholic School

 

/files/School/Pictures/old school 1.jpgThe history of St. John the Baptist Catholic School began with Father Albert Ziskovsky who served as pastor here from 1950-1958 and dreamed of a parochial school that would educate children to be successful citizens with firm moral values and convictions of faith.   Father Ziskovsky had a dream, and it was realized in the years of Father Clarence Zlotkowski who served as pastor from 1958-1961.

 

On September 8, 1959, St. John the Baptist Catholic School opened its doors for the first time.  Along with the school building there was also a convent for the Sisters of Notre Dame from Mankato who staffed the school in its earliest years.  Since those early years, St. John the Baptist Catholic School has continued to thrive and grow with three additional of classroom space.  The most recent addition occurred in 1999.

 

As one of the largest Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, St. John's continues a well established tradition of setting strong foundations for the future success of its students.  Today we have a solid core curriculum that also extends itself in areas of technology, the arts, and world language.  Our success is reflected in statistics of nearly 80% of our graduates taking advanced placement classes in high school.  The dream of long ago about a school is a reality today and lives continue to be touched by God's love and blessing.